Well, we're home. Going back to work this morning was rough! Just some general trip notes: all four of our flights were on time, go Continental! They even served us food on two of them, an unexpected treat. I didn't think I would ever see worse bathrooms than at JFK, but the Houston airport managed to clinch that title. I could do a review of cheap hotel chains, but I don't know if I could pinpoint which one was the worst. The park service lodge at the Grand Canyon was not much better, either...just much more expensive.
Monday we woke up in Holbrook, Arizona and had a nice meal at Mr. Maestas Family Restaurant:
Mr. Maestas himself saw me taking pictures of his restaurant and asked me to take a picture of him. He said to send everyone his way. He also tried to sell us a piece of land out back.
I liked this building in Holbrook:
We moved on down the road to the Petrified Forest National Park. This was a park Mr had actually never visited before. We took a ton of pictures, I tried to pull out some of the best. To learn more about petrified wood, click here.
We started at the south end of the park and drove north, the petrified forest gives way to the painted desert.
We love the desert flowers, and seem to have a ton of flower pictures:
As we got back near Phoenix we saw many of the really tall cacti, not sure what they are called. I loved them so much I wanted to give one a hug!
No comments:
Post a Comment