Last weekend Shel and I got in the car and headed to the mountains for a weekend of wedding planning and some cooking. Leaving no girl behind, we even brought Changa pup. Somehow I managed to go the whole weekend without taking any pictures of the dog, someone call the SPCA, I'm obviously an unfit dog owner.
Always searching for the perfect buttermilk biscuit recipe, we tried one from the the Junior League of Nashville Cookbook and it was a winner! Best I've found so far, yummy biscuits. If anyone wants the recipe, leave me a comment or shoot me and email and I'll send it to you.
Breakfast would normally include my favorite food group, bacon, but I had the vegetarian along. Here was breakfast:
We spent whole day doing a vast amount of wedding planning, and not the fun stuff, either. Shel worked out a full budget, we estimated prices for various things, made a scary list of things she'll have to do in the coming months, and we made a month-by-month list to do list for everything between now and the wedding. I found it to be so much more fun, and less stressful, when it's not your wedding.
When we were wedding-ed out, we made homemade pasta with the pasta machine! We're obviously still learning, and despite some missteps, it was a great dinner. Shel called these her dough monster hands:
I understand pasta purists scoff at the machine, using only a rolling pin. We are not those people.
I can hear your gasps already, through the interwebs...this is where we went wrong. Not planning for a place to put all the noodles, my bright idea was to put them all in a big pile. After much time spent pulling them apart, we were able to salvage the noodles. Meanwhile, Shel moved on to making more manageable bowties, super cute!
Dinner included homemade pasta, cook-less tomato sauce with romas from Shel's garden, and garlic from the Sylva house garden. It was delicious and we were proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment