Saturday, January 23, 2010

Christmas in Michigan

We had a wonderful Christmas with my family in Michigan. We gathered up all the presents, put miss pup in the car, and headed north. It was the dog's first night in a hotel, she got to watch cable tv for the first time! She was such a good traveler.

I don't have many pictures to share because I definitely didn't take enough, and I'm respecting the privacy of my family members. Somehow I captured zero pictures of me & mr, but here's the tree:

The holiday was spent with my parents and my brother, sister-in-law, and our cutie niece. The cutie was 2.5 years old this Christmas. She talks, loves to read and play, and loved opening the presents. After she opened her presents, we each got a big thank you accompanied by a hug. That's the stuff in life that melts your heart. Here she is after Christmas, making sure we didn't miss any of the presents:

We had three dogs in the house, our one plus my brother's two. Here's our pup with their big, sweet Golden Retriever:

The day after Christmas my aunt and uncle came through town, and my Mom made a turducken. I'm hoping it's a new family tradition, three birds are better than one!

The day we left it snowed. It didn't inhibit our vehicular travel, but it was pretty. The first picture is the view from my parent's garage, the second is my parent's house. For those who don't know, the town in which I grew up is in rural southeastern Michigan, has no traffic lights, and has huge grain storage towers in the middle of town. For most of my childhood, I thought all towns had their own grain storage.

We truly had a wonderful Christmas this year. We are lucky to have such great family.

No comments:

Post a Comment