The birthday present I mentioned in the last post has been received and opened, so I can now share the details of the project. The Shadow Forest Wall Hanging was adapted for my needs from a very cool book called Home, Paper, Scissors. I want to make everything in this book. I love working with paper.
So, I started with three pieces of card stock of different colors. The book included templates for the trees, and I used tracing paper to transfer the templates to the card stock, carefully centering them on the page.
I used the trusty craft knife to cut out the trees.
Here's the frame for the trees. The wall hanging in the book was unframed, so from here on out I was winging it. I chose a deep frame so I could add some space between the pieces of paper.
To create some dimension I cut some strips off a cardboard box and glued them to the back of the sheets.
And in the end, I put it all together in the frame, with a black piece of card stock behind it.
Definitely a fun project!
No comments:
Post a Comment