I have this inspiring book from the library, Printing by Hand, and on our crafty Sunday morning Shel and I set out making our own stamps. We bought some canvas fabric to make sewing machine covers. Making the stamp was much easier than I expected. The materials we used for the stamp were an acrylic stamp block and adhesive backed foam.
I used scissors to cut out my design, and stuck the pieces to the block. Simple!
Later in the day, I cut out the fabric for the sewing machine cover and got to work stamping. I only had craft paint on hand, which works well on fabric but doesn't hold up well in the wash. It suited my purposes. I wish I had a brayer to ink the stamp, but I only had a foam brush and it did the trick.
Voila, I have my very own original fabric! If I had a do-over, I'd make the flowers a lot bigger so they look more modern and less country. When I get around to sewing the pieces together, I'll post pictures of the sewing machine cover. I see more stamps in my future, it was a fun project!
No comments:
Post a Comment